Sunday, March 30, 2008

Going with the Times

JewishGuy and I were talking about it and we decided that, for the sake of the out-of-towners, we should have a late afternoon/evening wedding rather than a morning/afternoon wedding.  The reason I wanted it to be earlier was because I wanted to wear a short dress and flats, and I wanted my bridesmaids to do the same.  However, I'm pretty sure we can manage this with a semi-formal evening wedding.  Also, it might be really pretty to have candles on the tables and little lanterns up around during the party!

It would be better for the out-of-towners for a few reasons:

1) They can get just as drunk as they want and then go back to the hotel and crash.
2) They won't be stuck after the wedding is over at 6pm going, ok, well, what do we do now?
3) They can go downtown in the morning before the ceremony and see the cherry blossoms and maybe tour a little. (Or they can just sleep in late.)

So, there you have it.  It's now a semi-formal evening wedding!

No comments: