Sunday, May 4, 2008

Engagement Party Delays

We have decided to delay our local engagement party until June for the following reasons:

  1. We got lazy on sending out invitations and now it's a week before our original date and nobody has been officially invited. (This is a big reason)  Although we could send out an email, I really want to send out invitations, I just think that's nicer.  Plus, I made the invitations already!  I just have to scratch out the date somehow haha.

  2. Right now I am feeling ridiculously crazy and not ready for most of the traveling I will be doing this summer, plus I'm still kind of finishing classes and taking care of grad school things, like financial aid & loans, eek.

  3. I unfortunately had to race up to NY last week for 4 days, which cut out a significant amount of time to get things done that I needed to get done before I leave for Israel in a couple of weeks.

  4. We haven't registered for gifts yet...  At first we weren't planning on registering before the engagement party since we weren't expecting our friends to give us gifts at the engagement party, but a number of our friends have asked us to register.  Who are we to disappoint them? ;)
Also, while I was in NY, many of my family members asked when we were going to have an engagement party.  And when I told them we were having one down here, they looked surprised and somewhat upset that we weren't having a family engagement party.  So now I am wondering, should we have another one in NY?  Maybe this summer or maybe closer to Thanksgiving when everyone is around anyway?

So now we are thinking late June, like June 22, for our local engagement party.  Some people won't be able to make it because it's so late, like people who are moving in May and people who are going on summer trips or internships, but I don't know how we could pull it all off in a week and still be sane.  I mean, we could, it's possible, but I think we might just delay it for sanity's sake.

2 comments:

The Dalai Lama's Nails said...

I am sad about this. It is understandable, but I'm sad I won't be here in June!

Dana said...

I am thinking about planning out engagment party as well. I thought that it was to early to plan or to even have it since we are not getting married until next April. One idea that we had was to have it at our annual 4th of July party. It would be cheaper too. Like your blog. Please feel free to visit mine Jumping the Broom..broomjumpingbride.blogspot.com. I have added you to my bridal roll.