Sunday, August 17, 2008

Need to get on the ball!

As you may have noticed, this blog has gone pretty quiet lately.  It's because the planning has also gone pretty quiet!  We are falling a little bit behind, partially due to the move and starting grad school and whatnot, and also partially do to a little bit of burnout perhaps.

Last weekend JewishGuy's parents and younger sister and my parents and younger brother came to visit and meet for the first time.  It went really well, we hung out and saw some Chicago-y things as well as a Cubs game (who knew Cubs fans break out into song when they win? Maybe it's because they don't win so often?).  But I think it made us realize that we really are running out of time and we need to get on the ball.

JewishFIL sent us a check-list of things we have to do, or delegate.  So last night we went through the list and assigned ourselves parts to take care of.  I'm assuming the list will then be passed around and we'll all assign ourselves things to do and then things will get done.  I also assigned some of my bridesmaids things to do, although I've talked with them before about it... like the possibility of CankeyB being involved in the band selection (as my proxy haha), DesignerChick in charge of hair and make-up.

Hopefully the vague-ness is still okay and things will work out all by themselves...!

No comments: