Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ball is a-rollin'

Seriously, it is amazing to have a supportive fiance, future family in-law and family in the wedding planning progress.  I have to say: I LOVE delegating!  Love, love, love.  It means I can focus on working on a few things rather than feeling like I am in charge of everything.
 

Today I feel good about the delegation and am now working on invitations.  We've talked about this (fleetingly) and basically decided we want a local (Chicago) printer, preferably letterpress printer, to do our invitations.  AND they have to be done by Thanksgiving-ish.  Hopefully that's not too much of a time crunch.

My employer has a good friend who is a letterpress printer so of course I emailed her first.  I also emailed a few other printers who are actually in my neighborhood - as luck would have it - so hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

The main issue is that we will need Hebrew on the invitations.  At least our names will be in Hebrew, if not more.  I'm not a huge fan of the whole invitation being in Hebrew and then translated, although it can look nice, so it really depends on how that all works out.

ALSO...

We are looking for a photographer.  We really like Akil, as he did our friends' wedding and was fantastic.  The downside is he is in Houston so we would have to drag him all the way north for the wedding, which adds to the cost, of course.  We are looking for photographers in the area who offer a similar package with similar quality, but to be honest I don't think we are going to find it.  We're still looking, so we'll see...

JewishGuy is in charge of the band.  He's taking on that responsibility, and I'm glad to let him have it.  He's going to contact the 5 bands we've narrowed our search down to, get some samples, we'll both listen to them, then he is going to make the appointments for auditions so that my parents (and hopefully also CankeyB) can listen to them.  We got some great recommendations from Jewish couples who were recently married in DC, as well as family members who know people who know people.

CankeyB has found her yellow dress, and although I haven't seen it yet I'm sure it is great!  This is exciting - the yellow dress was going to be the hardest one of the three to get, since yellow is not in season anymore she had to brave the sales.

I've decided I want a button/felt flower bouquet by Princess Lasertron.  I have to run it by the parents but I am sure this is the best option for me.  They are soooo cute!

I am thinking of alternatives for bouquets for the bridesmaids and boutonnieres for the men.  I think I might want to go with the herbs for the boutonnieres, but I don't know about the bridesmaids.

Anyway, yay, progress, things are moving, can you feel it?

No comments: